From cocktail to dessert, here are four simple recipes that you can't go wrong with!
Cocktail: Dragon fly
|Dragon Fly Cocktail|
4 to 5 Thai sweet basil leaves
4 to 5 chunks of watermelon
60 ml Smirnoff vodka
1) Muddle the basil leaves in a glass.
2) Add 60 ml Smirnoff Vodka and top up with watermelon juice.
4) Garnish it with watermelon chunks and a stick of Lemon grass.
5) Serve chilled.
Salad: Spicy Green Papaya Salad
(Thai name: Som Tum)
|Green Papya Salad|
2 cups raw papaya
2 to 3 cloves garlic
2 tbsp tamarind juice
1 tbsp ground roasted peanut
30 gms string beans
30 gms cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp palm sugar
1) Put green papaya in a bag and refrigerate or place on top of ice to make it crispy
2) Pour half portion of each ingredient: chillies, garlic, peanuts, and string beans together.
3) Add soy sauce, lime juice, tamarind juice, and palm sugar. Pound together.
4) Add ground roasted peanut, papaya and cherry tomatoes. Pound well together.
5) Serve cold.
Main course: Green Curry with Mixed Vegetable
(Thai name: Gaeng Kheaw Wan Puk Ruam)
1 cup mixed vegetable
½ cup green curry paste (available at supermarkets)
2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
¼ sliced green chillies
2 to 3 pcs kaffir lime leaf
¼ cup eggplant
¼ cup sweet basil
1) Cut Vegetable into pieces.
2) Heat the coconut milk, stir fry together with green curry paste until fragrant.
3) Add the vegetables and coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
4) Add eggplants and let it simmer for a while.
5) Season with soy sauce and sugar.
6) Add kaffir lime leaves, sweet basil, and chillies. Remove from heat.
7) Serve with steamed jasmine rice
Main course: Stir-Fried Straw Mushroom with Chilli Paste
(Thai name: Hed Phad Nam Plik Phow)
2 cups straw mushrooms (available at supermarkets)
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup sliced red chillis
¼ cup sweet basil
2 tbsp sweet chilli paste
1 tbso soy sauce
1) In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet chilli paste and onion and fry until you can smell the aroma.
2) Add Straw Mushroom and sliced red chillies and fry well together.
3) Season with soy sauce and sugar and add sweet basil.
Dessert: Banana in Coconut Milk
(Thai name: Kauy Boud Chee)
1 cup banana (cut in halves)
2 cups coconut milk
½ cup palm sugar
Salt to taste
1) Boil coconut milk.
2) Add palm sugar and salt to taste.
3) Add banana and serve warm.